Friday, November 14, 2008

DevLearn08 Addendums

I'm sitting here in the San Jose airport reviewing my blog, and a couple of things jumped out at me for updates or additional thought.

Item One: the ladies I had lunch with yesterday who work for the State of California. Yesterday when I was talking with them they seemed like they were focused on topics such as rapid e-learning development, and creating high-impact learning. Yesterday afternoon I saw one of them show up in a Web 2.0/ eLearning 2.0 session I was in, and this morning one sat through the Training in Action informal learning seminar I was at. I wonder if their focus is changing a little now.

Yesterday when I was posting I wondered why IBM used a custom tool for getting learners enrolled in an entire curriculum of courses rather than using their Saba LMS. It occurred to me today that it's probably because so many of their learning objects exist outside of the LMS. A custom tool would allow them to produce a list of all learning objects a person should partake of, whereas the LMS could really only sign them up for things that are within the LMS.

Time to start boarding the plane. More later, I suppose.

No comments: