Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Forward Progress

I finally finished the last few pages of Groundswell today. I'm not sure what took me so long to get it done; I guess other priorities kept slipping in there.

Yesterday I attended a meeting that included our executive in charge of our Internet presence and strategy. I was reassured to learn that his team is working on deploying some external social media tools in order to better get in touch with our customers, and that he thinks building an internal social community is a terrific idea. Someone from our team (probably me) is going to start having regular conversations with his social media program manager in January. Although our projects have separate intents, and will very likely use separate platforms, we need to make sure that we are aligned wherever possible, and be able to share ideas. This is an exciting step.

No comments: