Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Catch-up

Today is my birthday. Yippee.

More exciting than that is the work I got done on the front yard Sunday. We've been planning to put a rock pathway through the front yard all summer long, and on Sunday I finally made some real headway on it. I got all of the sod dug out and leveled everything at the correct depth. I would have finished more of it, but there was a very cold, stiff breeze blowing and after five hours in it I had had enough. I should be able to get all the stones in place this weekend with no trouble. Depending on how long that takes I may even be able to get the gaps filled between the stones and be done.

Yesterday I attended a demonstration webinar of the Xyleme LCMS. It was a very poor presentation, and I think most of my co-workers who attended were similarly tuned-out. The product itself looks powerful and interesting, though rather complex. It would certainly beat the LCMS we have in place now, but I think we're stuck with the existing one for another three years.

No comments: